Friday, June 05, 2015

"Twin Wind Rarity" Giclée Canvas Edition





This is truly a rare Midwest scene, two windmills side by side. This barn was located to the southeast area of Moville, Iowa about 6-7 miles. The windmill to the left was primarily for the house and the windmill to the right served the barn and livestock watering tanks beyond the barn. The setup was ingenious because of the placement of the windmills; the water ran down hill to the barn and the house, thus having enough natural pressure as to not needing any electrical pumps.

When I saw this from the road it was winter, but a bright sunny day in December 1987 or 1988. I had to stop to get pictures so I drove up the farm drive to the house, (just right of the windmills) just as the owner was coming out of the house with a shotgun as his golden retriever rushed my car. I though to myself, “Oh shh-having cream, I hope he’s not gunning for me?” Well, he was just coming out to go pheasant hunting out in his fields. I got out, introduced myself and he invited me to go along and I walked with him, telling him I want to get pictures of the windmills. He was more then accommodating.

This scene is a faded memory because the house, windmills and barn all have been raised. ( kind way of saying torn down or destroyed) So here is a lasting memory in this painting.

Print Editions relating to this work of art comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist.
Medium: Produced from the original watercolor painting
Delivery Details: 7-10 Business Days.

SN*= Signed and Numbered by the artist.
AP**= Artist Proof that is signed by the artist.

No comments: